For a salmon dish that is restaurant worthy try this savory Orecchiette pasta dish topped with salmon using bamboo skewers. Each skewer is designed to grill the marinated salmon, and release the juices of the soft lemon slices. The pasta below will complete the dish with warm and creamy broccolini. These smaller skewer bites char amazingly on the hot grill.
8 oz Salmon (cut into 1.5 inch cubes; about 16 pieces total)
3 Tbsp. flat leaf parsley
1 Tbsp. whole grain Dijon mustard
4 Tbsp olive oil
2 lemon (1/2 juiced, 1 1/2 thinly sliced)
4 cloves garlic (finely minced)
8 oz Orecchiette Pasta
1 bunch Broccolini
8 Bamboo Skewers
1. Soak skewers in water for 1 hour and set aside.
2. In a pot, add 3 cups of water and 2 tbsp. olive oil. Bring to a boil.
3. In a large bowl, add 2 tbsp. parsley, mustard, 2 tbsp. olive oil, a pinch of salt, 1/2 fresh lemon juice and garlic. Mix and set aside.
4. Add pasta to the boiling water. Stir and cover for 5 minutes.
5. While pasta is cooking, assemble the skewers by adding salmon cubes followed by lemon slices folded into a wedge. Repeat. (Each skewers should have about 4 salmon pieces and 3 lemon slices)
6. Cut broccolini into 1.5 inch in length and add to the pot of pasta. Stir and cover with a lid.
7. Coat both sides of the salmon skewers with the marinade mixture and cook on a hot oil greased grill for about 3-4 minutes, flip, and grill for another 3-4 minutes.
8. Plate your dish with a layer of the pasta topped with your skewers. Garnish with a sprinkle of parsley and enjoy!